Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Figures should be uploaded separately and ensure high resolution 300 DPI to ensure good results.
- Letter of Undertaking signed by all authors which is available in pdf format. Please scan it and upload it.
- Ethics Committee / Institution Review Committee approval which is a necessary with every paper for further processing.
- Processing charges are arranged for the manuscript. (Overseas authors are exempt from processing charges). upload the online receipt.
- You can also suggest a reviewer if you so desire in covering Letter. Upload covering Letter as supplementry
Original research, Original in-depth, clinical or basic science investigations that aim to change clinical practice or the understanding of a disease process. Article types include, but are not limited to, clinical trials, before-and-after studies, cohort studies, case-control studies, cross-sectional surveys, and diagnostic test assessments.
Critical assessments of literature and data sources on important clinical topics. Systematic reviews that reduce bias with explicit procedures to select, appraise, and analyze studies are highly preferred over traditional narrative reviews. The review may include a meta-analysis, or statistical synthesis of data from separate, but similar, studies and must be prepared according to PRISMA reporting guidelines.
Communication of a novel, scientifically based opinion or insight as an independent contribution, or regarding a manuscript published in the journal in the past 6 months.
Quick communication of preliminary results (including small sample studies and case series) or scientific research that is not yet ready for presentation in full form. Such research should have the potential to stimulate communications among researchers and clinicians that may lead to new concepts and supportive work.
Report of a truly unique, highly relevant, and educationally valuable case; should not be combined with a review of the literature. A Case Report must follow CARE guidelines for reporting.
Letter to the Editor
Letter regarding published material with suggestions for adding information of timely interest. If related to a previously published article, it must be submitted within 3 months of the article's publication, and the article's authors will be invited to reply.
Colour photograph (not picture of an x-ray) of a unique, relevant, and educationally valuable clinical entity with an accompanying discussion. Maximum 02 photographs can be merged as one, if essentially required.
A short report of unique or original methods for 1) surgical techniques or medical management, or 2) new devices, or 3) laboratory technique or methods, or) educational strategy used.
These are introductions to special issues written by the guest editors and are always invited by the Editor of the journal.
This is a brief account of an intellectual property that gives its owner the legal right to exclude others from making, using, selling, and importing an invention for a limited period of years, in exchange for publishing an enabling public disclosure of the invention. A patent must be submitted with a patent registration number for publication.
Any of the above mentioned submissions made by undergraduate or postgraduatestudent shall be published in the Section of Student Corner - All instructions remain same however the processing and publication charges shall be reduced to 50% of the original in case of submissions by undergraduate students only.
Chronicles/Short Reports/News/ Proceedings
This is a brief account of any interesting event of intellectual, academic or scientific nature held within the quarter of release of issue of Biomedica.
Under this license
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.